sobota, 7 lipca 2012

Easy mistakes

Drop after drop, one rainy day after another.. This is England. To be honest I do not mind weather like this.

I have begun my tiny research about possible ways of exploring my career in the UK and the most suitable way for me to gain as much experience as I can. So I begun to read about Ambulance Services in the UK and I have begun to wonder how could I get job like this one?
Anyway, I've begun reading Paediatrics again. Slowly, page after page, this is how I like to study.

I give medication to my patient 4 times a day. One time is around 12:30 PM. Today he's been so immersed in the movie he's been watching, that he even didn't notice when I've finished my job! I'm glad - that means that despite his condition, he doesn't mind getting drugs via PEG and sometimes he forgets he's got one some time ago.

It occured to me how easily a serious mistake can be made! Personally, I check the drugs and doses which I'm giving three or four times - but I have plenty of time to do that. In the hospital, on the ward you have to work twice or three times faster than I do now I suppose, so any possible mistake can be made easily. I've realized once again how responsible one should be to administer medications to the patients. Seriously!
How it is possible that no one I know mentioned anything about that during our studies?

I've had a lovely sweet cake after lunch today and I feel so happy and pleased about it! This is why I do not want to open my books and begin studying now :) And these cakes are so tempting....! :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz