sobota, 18 lutego 2012

Friends

I've always been thinking that in old times people by Friendship ment a relationship with someone since they've been 5 years old.
When I was a little girl I've been dreaming about having someone with who I could be able to keep in touch for ages. Today I think I believed too much in the stories written in all the novels I've read.
I look at people from the town where I grew up and I know I could not fit into this place anymore. These who still live there I call "Hometown friends". Although I still keep in touch with a couple of them, the proper number of real friends is... emmm... One? And she does not live in our hometown anymore!

Then we have University. New friends were one of the reasons why I did not change Univ after the first year, to study closer to my Hometown. At University I've met plenty of lovely and inspiring people and they've all became my "University friends". Of course we've had our "ups and downs" but we managed to survive six years together. But after such along time you get to know exactly to whom you can trust and to whom you should not believe. This explains why I diminished the number of my real friends markedly. What's more I've mentioned previously that cutting off another person does not hurt anymore as it used to.

Above all of this I love my relationship with one of the girls - she does her stuff and I do mine, and when we meet and talk about serious things we can say everything to each other. And even if we choose to do not to say all, it's also OK. But for instance, even if I'd say I did something extremely risky or stupid she'd say "Wow! You actually are crazy!" and we'd laugh about it, while other people would say "Oh my God! How could you do that!!!" and they'd be shocked and start gossiping about it like it's a big deal when it's not!

Finally we have "All around the world friends" with who I can talk or email once a month, or twice a year and it's still OK. I am busy with my life and they are busy with their, but I do remember them and they remember about me. No hurt feelings, just plesant memories. What else may I need? :) And there's one more good thing about them - they can look at your life and your problems from a veeeery long distance and might give you a piece of advice which no one else could. Their ideas sometimes turn out to be the best ones!

I'm back to the University again. One week of lessons is over, 12 weeks to go :) I'm on Psychiatry currently and although it's quite interesting, I cannot immagine doing this job. I'm too.. I don't even know how to name it..
I think my mind is closed for Psychiatry and analysing all those stories made up in patients heads.
I guess I'll stick to other kinds of specialities :) 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz